Tuesday 11 December 2012

Young Ones Breaking Barriers - Testimonial

"I first heard of Young Ones in an online mental health forum. They were sending out a compiled list of other support groups and services. I had also been seeing a therapist for depression, anxiety, and trauma issues, but the school year had ended, along with my funding. I decided to give Young Ones a try for the summer due to the free 10 sessions. I've made significant progress since then. For the first time ever in my life, I learned techniques on how to handle emotions such as anger and anxiety. In addition to a supportive counsellor (Susan Raphael), I have also been blessed to have found a support group where my thoughts, opinions, and hopes for recovery are finally considered worthy of validation and respect. I don't think I would be able to cope with the ongoing pressures of university life if it wasn't for Young Ones. Even though life isn't perfect and I still have some dark moments from time to time, I feel more confident as I continue the road to recovery. Thank You for supporting Young Ones, I wouldn't be there if it wasn't for you."
A Young Ones Mentor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment