Thursday 27 August 2015

Don't let first year be a $20,000 party!...

Welcome Back to School: How to Stay Sober in College 

By Zachary Siegel 08/26/15
“I felt that as a StepUP student I was not only safe and secure, but that I had an identity of which I could be proud and people respected [me] around campus.”
College Partying Students


“Recovery comes first, because if I can’t maintain that, I won’t stand a chance at this whole college thing,” said Julian M., a young and sober freshman who is a member of the Collegiate Recovery Program (CRP) at University of Michigan-Ann Arbor. 
“My first semester at U of M is coming to a close and I am really proud of my accomplishments. I made connections with professors, went to office hours, and took my studies seriously,” he said. 
The main thing that I would like to see is an attitude of respect towards recovery and perhaps some level of awareness that students can explore recovery.
READ THE ARTICLE HERE.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment